Sunday, April 5, 2009

My 89 Year Old Dad





My 89 year old dad, better known as Pierre, rolled his quad off of a 50 foot sand hill at the dunes. He is in ICU in good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix. He has been there three weeks. He is a fighter. I would have given up along time ago. He has four tubes and five IVs' He is making progress  they say. I didn't expect him to make it through the first week, so I recieved permission to leave the mission and go home to Mesa. I was so glad I was there to talk to him and give him my love and support. My great kids were so wonderful. Sarah and Glen drove down from Utah, Daniel & Sam  came over from San Diego, and Nate and Marie were planning a trip to AZ anyway that weekend. It was so wonderful to see my family and squeeze those little kids. I am so grateful for my wonderful family . What would we do without families? 






1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Renee',

I just love your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your dad's accident. I hope he keeps getting better. I wish I had known you would be here. I would love to have seen you . I miss you guys and think about you lots. It seems like so long since we have seen you. We are excited about Marc's upcomming show. It is this month He is Horton the Elephant in Suessical and then he will graduate. We are also excited about our to grandbabies coming. Looking at the pictures of your beautiful family made me even more excited. I have always appreciated you and Bills example for me. I have always wanted a family like yours and have learned much from things you have taught me . Thanks , I love you so much. It looks like you are really enjoying your mission. I love to hear the stories you send to mom and dad. The blog is great. I m so glad Marc pulled it up and showed me. Love Carol